Monday, February 27, 2012

Week Nine- Rainbow~


This is just a section of ThE most incredible Northern Lights I have
ever witnessed in Dexter.  
It was a real rainbow east to west over the house and so very cool!
It was -16 and blowing causing a -36 windchill and I wasn't dressed for it.
I had a flash of thoughts...the first being to "Capture a rainbow for you!"
but, I didn't have time (or gloves) for setting up a tripod so this is taken
hand held around the corner of the house to block some of the wind.
And then it was gone~

I hope the various colors show up for you.....

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, Sharon...years ago on a date with my husband, boyfriend at the time, I saw Northern Lights for the first and only time in my life. They weren't even close to being as brilliant as your photo, but very impressive to me as a young girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see mainly greens and some violet. I have an ambition to see the aurora borealis for myself. Wonderful for you to have been able to capture this shot too.

    ReplyDelete